Axel Månsson A/S is searching for a M.Sc. in agriculture, an agronomist, or a candidate with similar qualifications – who has got experience, interest, and a keen sense of vegetable production. We offer a challenging position as Production Manager, with overall responsibility for planning and execution of the vegetable production on a solid professional basis. You will hold a pivotal role in the daily crop production activities, in collaboration with the Production Specialists, the Operations department, and the Sales department – ensuring that the products meet the customers’ expectations regarding high quality and high security of supply. In addition, you have excellent communication skills and you are able to motivate staff as well as colleagues.
- Plan the vegetable production based on the company’s sales forecasts, including preparation of the planting schemes, developing a strategy for the establishment of crops, crop management, mechanical weed control etc., in collaboration with Production Specialists, external horticultural advisers, and other partners.
- Carry out the vegetable production in accordance with the company’s technical standards, including preparation of weekly and daily working schedules.
- Optimize establishment of the crops, the quality control throughout the supply chain, e., crop management, plant protection, harvest, cooling of the products, preparation, and packaging of the products.
- Prepare systematic production forecasts for all vegetable crops.
- Optimize storage of onions and other vegetable crops.
- Fulfill other production-related tasks that correspond to your qualifications.
You will be the manager of a strong technical team – “Plant Production | Vegetables” – with reference to the Operations Manager. The Production department operates in a close interaction with the departments of Sales, Quality, Operations, and Economy. You are quality-conscious and systematic; technically gifted; take an interest in IT tools, and you are committed as well as a strong driver. You are a team player, taking an active part in the management-, coordination-, information-, and staff meetings, where you contribute to an efficient cross functional organizational co-operation.
You will be offered a unique, independent, and challenging position in a development-oriented and growth-driven concern, with good professional and personal development opportunities.
Please contact Production Manager Kristian Utoft 4080 8131, or Operations Manager Jonas Lauth Pedersen 5188 8451, if you have questions about the position.
Application incl. resume, and other relevant documents, are sent to email@example.com. We call applicants in for interviews until the right candidate is found.
Axel Månsson’s farm covers the production of organic eggs from approx. 230,000 organic egg layers, a diversity of vegetables on 1,200 ha, as well as arable crops on appr. 900 ha. We reach out for internal coherence from the production of organic eggs and vegetables to servicing our guests in the farm shop and at our own local Hotel Dalgas. Sustainability and circular economy are central aspects on the farm. Thus, livestock manure and other biomasses are converted into upgraded biogas in the plant Nature Energy Månsson, while the degassed biomass is utilized as a valuable fertilizer in vegetable production. The headquarter is in Brande, in bright and modern facilities. The competitive capacity is based on a strong and wide product range, thorough customer focus, fast reaction time, security of supply and high quality.