At Axel Månsson A/S, we strive to ensure our customers fresh products and high quality, that are produced with the utmost care of flora and fauna. We also constantly focus on being flexible, innovative and yes – fresh – in cooperation with our customers and suppliers.
Even though the company has passed its first 40 years in 2016, it has never been boring to follow the many trends and impulses that rely on the Scandinavian food market.
As one of Denmark’s largest outdoor gardening companies, we feel naturally inspired to meet the demand and challenges we and our customers face.
Axel Månsson A/S is Denmark’s largest producer of iceberg salad, but we also grow a lots of other vegetable cultures like onions, heart salad, celery, broccoli, cabbage, cabbage, kale, fennel and many others, most of which are only grown ecologically. See all our vegetables here.
Since 1976, the company has grown from 43 ha to today (2021) approx. 1,900 ha, of which over half are grown ecologically.
When we claim to be able to deliver fresh quality products throughout the Danish season, it is due to the following conditions:
- Our optimal watering conditions both night and day.
- Our daily quality control and labeling, which takes place before and during the harvest.
- Our refrigeration facilities allow home transport and vacuum cooling of the products within 2 hours from harvest.
GLOBALG.A.P aims to:
- Ensure consumers and buyers that the food is produced with regard to the environment and employee welfare
- Production takes place with the least possible use of pesticides and fertilizers, while also focusing on hygiene and food safety.
G.A.P. is an abbreviation for “Good Agricultural Practice”, which means good farming.
The standard has been prepared by a number of European retail chains and food producers, but with the standard distribution, GLOBALG.A.P now acts as a guide to good agricultural practices worldwide.